“Without looking back, I move forward.”



Jan 2, 2013

New Years Meme



1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Went to Japan!! Guess that includes a lot of stuff like fly 9+ hours on a plane, go to China, visit a temple, shop at 109, ect, ect.... By far the highlight of 2012!!
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't really make one last year... I wanted to diet and eat healthier, which I did a bit, but I tend to go back and forth - healthy, then I get busy/stressed and get bad again... then healthy again... ect. I want to try and work on that more this year, be healthy and eat healthier more often. I also want to focus hard on school (I'm choosing to work less, as well as leave J-Club come spring) so I can grad on time.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not anyone SUPER close... a few people I knew from High School, ect did though. Today a Sorority sister did (but this is now 2013...)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no.
5. What countries did you visit?
China, Japan and USA.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Stability, peace of mind. 2012 was a rollercoaster of emotions and stress. I wasn't happy with my living space for a large part of the year, my healthy wasn't the greatest, and school was only so-so. This year I want to improve all of those, and be less stressed.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
No Specific dates, but the month of May was a good one for sure (Japan).
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being able to go to Japan, even when my financial situation has never been the greatest or most stable. I had to pay back a lot of people, but everything worked out and I learned to better manage and save money (as best a university student can at least...)
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to keep my stress down and a diet going steady
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My arthritis acted up in the fall, and my usual bouts of the flu, ect. Oh and a stomach Ulcer a few months ago. 
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Oh goodness... nothing major. I guess stuff from Japan was cool.. and I got some cool clothes over the year, but nothing outstanding.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Can't think of anyone in particular
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My boyfriend at some points in the year (we worked it out though) and my roommates at points. Myself too - my behavior was pretty bad sometimes too...
14. Where did most of your money go?
Japan, school and keeping a roof over my head.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
JAPAN. Seems to be the theme. Even after I got back I was excited to start planning my next trip.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Gagnam Style (PSY), Call me Maybe (CARLY RAE JEPSON)... the ones that were always on the radio pretty much
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Ehh, about the same.
c) richer or poorer? A bit better, I have a better plan and a better idea of where my finances are going
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Go out, see friends. Looking back I usually went out lots but the past year has been a lot slower - friends have left and people I seen as friends I didn't/don't anymore so I ended up staying home lots.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Cry, be upset over things that I now see as minor bumps
20. How did you spend Christmas?
went home to Vernon to see my family
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
I think I re-fell in love with Dave. I lost it there for a bit but I know realize again how much I do love him.
22. What was your favourite TV programme?

Didn't watch much actual TV, but ones I did watch (on computer) were firefly, community, and AKB0048.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Not hate. There are definetly people I don't feel are my 'friends' anymore though.
24. What was the best book you read?
Didn't have much time for out of school reading sadly. I did read the Golden Lily when it came out, and it was pretty good.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Oh goodness. Didn't change my music much this year, I guess AKB48. I knew about them before, but this year was when I really started to get into them more.
26. What did you want and get?
I wanted to go to Japan and got it. I was able to get some clothes from my favorite Japanese brands. I got some Ayumi CD's I wanted... not sure what else.
27. What did you want and not get?
Many clothes I wanted in Japan (from favorite brands) either didn't fit me, or looked weird on me so that sucked. I wanted to find an affordable place for just me and Dave to live.... didn't get that either.
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
Hmm, Avengers was good... so was Lincoln.. oh goodness there was lots.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
21 in October. Not much to be honest, umm... I had a dinner at a favorite restaurant... only two people showed up though... (sad panda). I was going through a lot at that time, wasn't sure who my 'real' friends were, but it was OK.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
being more stable (emotionally, financially, ect)
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
I bought stuff and tried to go for a mature/rock look, but most of the time it was jeans and t-shirt kinda stuff.
32. What kept you sane?
Hope, my dreams/wants. Dave and close friends.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Not sure, I don't really 'idolize' anyone in particular. I like Kate Middleton and Ayumi Hamasaki as figures the most I guess.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Ugh, not sure... A few things irked me but none were really memorable. I guess the whole birth control/abortion and homosexual marriage debates in the states.
35. Who did you miss?
Friends who left back for Japan, or left on exchange (Jacob *cries*) also my friend Ashli and the boys...
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Kirsten. Met her through a mutual friend and bonded through love of sailor moon and all things nerdy. Sad she's moved now as she was one of the few I considered a good friend this year.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012
When I'm motivated enough, I can do anything, even if it seems impossible at times
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
"In the end, the road hasn’t ended, but still continues on" - reminds me - Ayumi Hamasaki

No comments: